Swift for iOS
Swift is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm, object-oriented, functional, imperative and block-structured language. The latest research on programming languages and is built using a modern approach to safety, software design patterns by Apple Inc. for iOS applications, macOS applications, watch OS applications, tv OS applications.
Swift is easy to learn, easy to implement, safe, fast and expressive. Developing in the open has its exciting aspects as it is now free to be ported across a wide range of platforms, devices, and use cases.
Additional features of include:
- Closures unified with function pointers
- Tuples and multiple return values
- Concise and fast iteration over a range or collection
- Structs that support methods, extensions, and protocols
- Powerful error handling built-in
- Advanced control flow with do, guard, defer, and repeat keywords
Memory Management –
Swift uses Automatic Reference Counting (ARC) to manage memory.
The current list of projects include:
- The compiler command-line tool
- The standard library bundled as part of the language
- Core libraries that provide higher-level functionality
- The REPL included LLDB debugger
- Xcode playground support to enable playgrounds in Xcode.
- The package manager for distributing and building Swift source code